Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chicken Vacation

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days.
The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days.
And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days.
And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days.
And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half.
I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it."

This is far from original, but even on an awesome vacation, this is what it seems like somedays.

I saw a smallish vulture on the side of the road as we were driving and called out,

"Look, a chicken !!!",

"Oohhh, its just a vulture".

JUST a vulture???

I LOVE vultures!!!!

I actually love most birds. (except bluejays and they don't even count as birds because I hate them, but that is a whole other blog)

But I have been seeing chickens where there are no chickens.

Any bird on the ground looks like a chicken out of the corner of my eye.

I am under a chicken spell,

That's all I need.

A chicken, this remote, this paddle ball game...............



This is called an African chicken from the Alligator Farm.

Not really, but I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.

:)

Thanks for reading !!!

I do so much appreciate it.





3 comments:

  1. The new chicken phone book is here! The new chicken phone book is here!
    Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
    Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Sherry Ross, chicken owner! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL !!! That is perfect !!!!
      That is what a blog post feels like !!
      Love your comment to pieces !!!

      Delete
  2. I used to think I saw gargoyles out of the corner of my eye. They were usually perched on mailboxes. But they were totally friendly gargoyles, so no worries.

    ReplyDelete